NrK Sunset Sips

 My pop-up shop started way back on April 27, 2025, which was Good Friday. The first product I sold was fruit soda, with only three flavors at the time: Blue Lemonade, Cucumber Lemonade, and Mango. I first set up my display at the church.

It became an instant hit because it was the first time many people, especially children, had tried fruit soda. It sold out quickly.

My customers then started asking me where I would set up after Good Friday. That’s when I decided to move my pop-up shop to Pantalan, Maribojoc. It was a good location because it is a popular place to visit, with a beautiful view and fresh, relaxing air.

At that time, I only had one table, and even my display area was still makeshift and unfinished because I was just starting my pop-up shop. I would usually start setting up around 4:00 in the afternoon and continue selling until 10:00 in the evening.

As time went by, I realized that selling only three flavors was not enough. So I ordered two additional flavors online. Eventually, my customers started asking for milk tea, so I slowly began buying milk tea flavors. At first, I only had three flavors: Cookies and Cream, Chocolate, and Ube.

After a few days, the business started to boom. Since my pop-up shop was located at Pantalan, it became a popular place for people to visit because of the fresh breeze and beautiful view. Children would come around, families would visit, and couples would spend time together.

Eventually, my customers started asking for other kinds of food, especially street food. So I decided to invest in street food as well.

As the business grew, I realized that I could no longer manage everything by myself. So I hired one helper who I paid ₱300 per night. She worked from 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM. While she prepared and cooked the street food, I focused on preparing and mixing the drinks.

Little by little, I also started buying tables and chairs so my customers would have a place to sit while eating and enjoying their drinks.

As I continued saving money, I slowly completed all the fruit soda flavors. Eventually, I had all the flavors available. I also added lights underneath the display, which made everything look colorful, almost like a rainbow. It made my little shop look even more beautiful, especially at night.

After that, I slowly completed more milk tea powder flavors as well.

One day, I saw iced coffee and became interested in selling it. I watched TikTok videos to learn how to make it and what ingredients were needed. I experimented and made my own iced coffee. I even asked my nieces and nephews, both boys and girls, to try it. They liked it, so I decided to add iced coffee to my menu.

At first, I had flavors such as Coffee Latte, Spanish Latte, Caramel Latte, and Salted Caramel Latte.

I am the kind of person who does not want to give my customers only a few choices. I want them to have many options, so I continued adding more iced coffee flavors until I was able to complete my iced coffee menu.

One day, another customer asked if I had Coke Float. So once again, I searched TikTok to learn how to make Coke Float without using an ice cream machine. I discovered that some people were using a whipped cream dispenser with whipped cream powder instead.

So I decided to invest in one. I bought a whipped cream dispenser for a little over ₱800, and I also bought cream chargers for ₱165 per box, with 10 pieces in each box.

I tried making the whipped cream myself, and it turned out really good. So I decided to start selling Coke Float because customers were asking for it.

Coke Float became another addition to my shop. It was also something special for customers who wanted to enjoy a refreshing drink while spending time at Pantalan, especially families and children.

As time went by, the number of my customers continued to increase.

I also started experimenting with different fruit gin cocktails. I currently have around four to five flavors that I can make, and I am still learning and studying what other flavors my customers might want.

I also started learning how to make hot coffee because some customers were asking for hot coffee. At the same time, fruit soda remained very popular, especially among children.

My fruit soda prices are ₱25, ₱35, and ₱50, depending on the size. My milk tea prices are ₱35, ₱45, and ₱59. I also have different matcha flavors.

I even created some milk tea flavors myself that are unique to my shop, such as Chocolate Matcha Lava. I wanted to create something different that customers could enjoy and would not easily find somewhere else.

Until now, I am still slowly improving my shop. I recently had an extension built beside my stall so that my helper and I would have a covered area, especially during rainy days. Before that, I only had a small stall and we had to rely on umbrellas whenever it rained.

Now, all of my equipment and supplies can be safely stored underneath the shop. The area can be closed and locked, which makes it much safer and more convenient.

I also continued investing in benches, camping chairs, and tables so that my customers would have more comfortable places to sit while enjoying their food and drinks.

Up until now, the business is doing okay. It has also helped me provide food for my family and sometimes pay for my child's school expenses. Little by little, I am still saving and reinvesting in the business.

My biggest hope is that my little shop will continue to grow and last for many more years.

As of now, my pop-up shop has been operating for one year.

For those who are wondering about the name NRK – Sunset Sips, NRK stands for Nathaniel Ray Kairi. Nathaniel Ray is my name, and Ray Kairi is the name of my second child. That is where the name NRK came from.

This little business started with just a few drinks, one table, and a simple display. But through hard work, patience, and the support of my customers, it slowly grew into something bigger.

I am truly grateful to everyone who has supported my little shop from the beginning until now. Every customer, every order, and every kind word has helped me continue my journey.

Please pray for the continued success of my pop-up shop. I hope that someday, this small business will become even bigger and will continue to provide for my family.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story and the journey of my shop.

Thank you, and God bless everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story of my life